The POP Motorsports Race team was created by three friends with the sole purpose of having fun - by going fast and setting new world speed records.
- Gail Phillips Doug Odom Allen Phillips
- Check the LATEST NEWS to see what we are doing now and in the future. We'll try to keep it as current as possible.
- Check out THE PEOPLE to see the faces that make up the POP Race Team.
- In STREAMLINER, CORVETTE, & AUSTIN HEALEY you will see the cars that we are running and have set records in so far, along with some specifications for those who must know. On the STREAMLINER & CORVETTE pages you will also find relevant articles about us in several magazines.
- RECORDS pretty much tells you what you'll see there.
- PHOTOS worth a 1000 words let you know what we are talking about without using so many words.
- If you really must CONTACT US - here's the place to do it. If one email doesn't work just try another one.
- And finally is the ARCHIVE Page where we will move information from LATEST NEWS as it becomes outdated but may still be of interest to our fans and followers.
Landspeed racing holds the fastest speed trials in the world. This is where wheel driven vehicles can go over 450 MPH and jet cars go over 750 MPH. There are few places in the world where this kind of racing can take place due to the distances traveled (1.3 to 7 miles), and surfaces flat and smooth enough to allow these speeds to be attempted.
The best known venues are the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, the Black Rock Desert in Nevada, the Dry Lakes of El Mirage in Southern California, and Lake Gairdner in South Australia.
- Special thanks go to our proud SPONSORS:
Coast Nut & Bolt, Pismo Beach coastnutandbolt.com
Design Dreams, email@example.com
Gold Top Corvette Xtreme Restorations, Hanford
Mathews Fabrications, Nipomo
Linson Signs, San Luis Obispo linsonsigns.com
Other Web Sites about Land Speed Racing